EVOLUTION OF REGISTERED COMPANIES AS PER VARIOUS ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES, OVER THE YEARS

2006-2019

Due to gradual changes coming in economic policies over the years, Indian economic has shown an impressive growth since 90’s. As result of which, in 2019 India was ranked as 5th largest economy in the world as per World Banks’ GDP Ranking.

National Industrial Codes (NIC) is the base codes used in India to differentiate the various Economic activities carried by various companies registered here. After 2006 position of Manufacturing Industry was taken over by Business service industry in 2007, making itself the top most practiced activity by registered companies in India. Manufacturing, Trading and construction industries are other activities witnessing maximum registration. Registration of companies till July 2020 exhibits the same picture too.

TOP 10 STATES AS PER HIGHEST REGISTERED COMPANIES OVER THE YEARS

2006-2019

Maximum registration of companies in India has always been at Economic capital, Mumbai and is followed by National Capital, Delhi. British ruled national capital, Kolkata still witness pretty good numbers of registration over the years.

However, shift of maximum registration can be observed from Delhi to Maharashtra since 2013, which is maintained till date. Change in government in 2014 has also led to cropping up of more and more companies in small states like Sikkim and Lakshadweep while a good rise can be seen in states like Bihar, Uttrakhand, Jharkhand and North eastern states. Data till July 2020, shows no difference in state wise registration till date.

BISECTION OF TOTAL ACTIVE COMPANIES AS PUBLIC/PRIVATE, OVER THE YEARS

2006-2019

The total number of Public as well Private active companies in India, has recorded a constant increase over the years since 2006 to 2019.

With globalization of market and adaptation of Privatization concept by Indian Government in 90’s, Private companies occupies approximately 98% of total Indian market leaving about 2% of space for Public companies. Year 2020 witnesses’ dominance of Private sector over Public sector too.

TOTAL ACTIVE COMPANIES OVER THE YEARS

2006-2019

From 2006 to 2014 the existence of Active companies in India was quiet fluctuating. Few of the years shown up with a pretty good rise, of about 45% while other years have shown up with -17%. Coming up of stable government brought stability in Indian market since 2015, which lead to a constant increase in Active companies in India. The increasing trend can be seen in 2020 too.

TOTAL CLOSED COMPANIES OVER THE YEARS

2011-2019

Immense closer of about 2.3 Lakhs companies was recorded in 2018. Introduction of new concepts for Indian market, like Dis-investments of Public companies, Closer of sick PSU’s, Demonetization, booming up of Real Estate Regulation Act (RERA), Rules for striking up of Shell companies, during 2016-17 has led to gradual increase in closer of many companies in India.